If we don't have it, Chesty wouldn't want it.
Questions or Ordering? 888-NOV-1775
Mon-Fri 8am-5:30pm CST. Sat 10am-3pm CST.

Eagle Globe and Anchor Trademark Licensing Programs…

Total Posts: 4503

The US Government Would Like To Charge An Additional Tax Without Representation
<STRONG class=“bbcode bold”>“Generating licensing revenues, thus reducing or eliminating the program’s cost to the government” - They meant the cost to THE TAX PAYERS!</STRONG>

The DoD wants to set up Trademark Licensing Programs for ALL Branches of the US Military. They want to have COMPLETE creative control over what bears the logos and emblems of the Military! They want to charge YOU - the consumer - for this new Trademark Program if its operational costs exceeds the royalties that they recover!

The royalties that they recover will be passed on to YOU - the consumer - through price hikes and increased costs of end-consumer products.

The DoD thinks that the UNITED STATES MILITARY is equivalent to major US Corporations that need to protect their trademarks from infringement and possible consumer confusion. Really are you going to be confused when you go to buy your Marine Corps, Eagle Globe and Anchor Ball Cap that the Military was the ACTUAL Manufacturer of that product?

We need to make the public aware of what the Government is attempting to do here. This is double taxation without representation.

The Army Star and the Air Force HAP Wings were created and designed by 3rd parties not affiliated with the US Government. - “The US Marine Corps emblem of today traces its roots to the designs and ornaments of early Continental Marines as well as British Royal Marines. The emblem took its present form in 1868. Before that time many devices, ornaments, and distinguishing marks followed one another as official marks of the Corps.” - http://www.tecom.usmc.mil/HD/Customes_Traditions/Emblem_Seal.htm

The Eagle Globe and Anchor belongs to the Tax-Payers and not the US Government! It was EARNED by our Brothers and Sisters Blood, Sweat, and Tears! What’s next? Aircraft, Tanks, Guns, Helmets, Units and Divisions?? Words, like Navy, Marine, Guard, Coast? Military Color Combinations? When it is all said and done they will have a licensing program for every single item the Military wears, touches, creates or uses.

The money that comes from all of this will only be put to use to pay for the Trademark Programs themselves - it says in the Directive “Generating licensing revenues, thus reducing or eliminating the program’s cost to the government” - They meant the cost to the TAX PAYER!

If this continues - I will be the first AMERICAN to claim trademark infringement on the Great Seal of The United States as well as the United States Flag and the words “United States”. I will also look into trademark licensing for all of the States of the Union and City/County Seals as well.

Please send this thread to your friends and anyone you speak to about this. or PAY, PAY, PAY - and let the consumer - who is the mother, father, daughter, son, sister, brother or any other relative suffer the consequences of us rolling over to this extra tax on the citizens of the United States of America.

Sir,
    You may find that you will get more response and activity if you take the time to fill out your bio.  This subject has been discussed ad nauseum on this site, so you may want to run a search and read previous discussions.

Thanks Boss.  
I added about as much as I want to in my Bio. 
I did search for “Eagle Globe” and “Trademark” and found no post relating to this discussion.  I was just alerted to this issue and I am taking the extra step of creating a website, blog, facebook page and posting on various websites about this issue. 
I know Sgt. Grit store has given in and is selling out all of their EGA products.  I also know that major manufacturers are being told to pay extreme royalties and having their creative expressions silenced.  I know that the Marine Corps Trademark Licensing Program is very hard to deal with and that they are making a lot of trouble for business owners.  I know that Zazzle - a major custom design shop has pulled anything Marine Corps related.
I did not know that this has been discussed on here ad nauseum - I do know that people and Marines need to do more to protect their free rights.
 I have even been reserved in posting my website URL - I am awaiting permission.
I really hope that this does not grow too big before anyone acts.

Total Posts: 157

It is already in effect, Grits has already been dinged.
I attempted to contact the office responsible for this crap and got a bunch of runaround.
They are a scam, nothing more, some retired General found away to set himself up for retirement by creating an office to control the rights to stuff like the Eagle Globe and Anchor.
They claim that they money they make, goes into the MWR fund, when I pressed them as to how much money actually goes into the MWR fund from them, they would not answer the question.
PC bullshiat at its finest…......

[quote user=“1stSgtD”]
It is already in effect, Grits has already been dinged.
I attempted to contact the office responsible for this crap and got a bunch of runaround.
They are a scam, nothing more, some retired General found away to set himself up for retirement by creating an office to control the rights to stuff like the Eagle Globe and Anchor.
They claim that they money they make, goes into the MWR fund, when I pressed them as to how much money actually goes into the MWR fund from them, they would not answer the question.
PC bullshiat at its finest…......

Agree

That is why it must be fought.
You are right.  There will be no funding - the royalties recovered will only pay for the programs - and when those dont cover their costs - the tax-payer will pick up the rest.
Trust me - this is taking away our freedoms - and so many people bled and suffered for the right to use the Eagle Globe and Anchor.
If a LONELY young girl wants to wear some lingerie that has an Eagle, Globe and Anchor on it - because it is the only thing that is making her feel sexy while her husband/boyfriend is overseas sweating and bleeding for this country - it HER right to purchase these products.
 It is insane!  It states clearly in the Directive - “Generating licensing revenues, thus reducing or eliminating the program’s cost to the government”
 - They meant the cost to THE TAX PAYERS!
I don’t want to be out of line in this thread - but if you can add 2+2 you can figure out my website URL in the “.com” world and help me fight this injustice.  SPREAD THE WORD.

Total Posts: 18

Actually before I go allowing you to post the URL and attempting to get Facebook Fans (you have 33 currently as I write this) and all, that I would request you fill out your Bio a lot more completely.
Without a lot of digging it appears your in the Jacksonville, Florida area.  So what business is it you run?
And if you did search(which I doubt) it took me less than a minute to find it http://grunt.com/forums/forums/t/55059.aspx is one of several talking about it.
So unless you fill out the bio and all that good stuff, I’ll simply label you as spam and move on.

I do not wish to share my personal information because I am worried about being singled out.  I would like to respectfully ask that you remove my location from your previous post.

[quote user=“OurMilitaryLogos”]
I do not wish to share my personal information because I am worried about being singled out.  I would like to respectfully ask that you remove my location from your previous post.

Your on the web, your id and location aren’t secert.  If I really want to could delve further and find out all the public information on you.  Personally I find it easier to ask nicely the first time around.
And if your scared of being singled out, you have no business trying to be at the forefront of this fight.
Now post the required info, or I simply delete your account and all these posts, and report the Facebook page as an attempt to data mine and collect personal information on their membership.
O and you do know that the NSA has a 25% controlling stake in Facebook and that’s where they got the grant money to go world-wide to compete with MySpace at the time.

My IP and Location are not publicly posted on this site.  You posted my location from an IP trace from your moderator panel.
 Just delete the account, report the facebook page, and delete this thread.  I appreciate your support with regards to the matter at hand.
 You are right - it is probably not a good idea to get into this.  Perhaps we should ALL just pay the royalties and fees on ANYTHING the military decides should be trademarked and enforced.  This is just the test - the rest is yet to come.

Thanks

BTW - I just performed a search for “Licensing” and couldn’t even find the thread that you referenced.  I did search. 
http://grunt.com/forums/search/SearchResults.aspx?q=Licensing&g=7

Also - I am not data mining as you have suggested - those fans joined on their own free will and are supporting what I am attempting to do.

Such fun, figure I can have your street address by the time I get up in the morning.  Few phonecalls and Jeep parts would fetch me the credit reports.  Everything you do on the internet leaves a trail.
Lets see you created the Website just this very week.  On Monday.  The trademark licensing issue is over a year old now.  Seems kind of odd that as a business owner you have just come into contact with it.  Most Marine item dealers knew of this almost immediately and when it was in the works.
Now don’t get me wrong if your a honest setup I wholeheartedly agree with your stance.  And personally I would have let you continued had you simply complied with the nicely asked request to fill your shit out.

Total Posts: 157

Lighten up Francis

Great - I’m in a pi$$ing contest with a forensic forum moderator.  I’ve already been in email contact with Kristy - even before I made the thread. Just be kind and remove the location.  Let the rest of the forum members make up their mind about my motives.

This could have stayed in the Private Messaging system between you and I.

Visitor Statistics
Post Marker Legend
The most visitors ever was 57, on November 20, 2012 02:18 AM
Total Registered Members: 696836
Total Topics: 6335
Total Replies: 10864
Total Posts: 17199
Total Logged-in Users: 0
Total Anonymous Users: 0
Total Guests: 2

Active Members: