If we don't have it, Chesty wouldn't want it.
Questions or Ordering? 888-NOV-1775
Mon-Fri 8am-5:30pm CST. Sat 10am-3pm CST.

Eagle Globe and Anchor Trademark Licensing Programs…

Total Posts: 79

Last thing i will say.  Licensening guy has informed me that he has yet to be censored by the Marine Corps and wants to keep it down.  Well i say to that, you probably shouldnt have jumped into the pool with all your clothes on.  you should have tested the waters and see who makes up this forum and what their typical answers are in debates such as this.  Would have saved some blows coming your way.

Total Posts: 4503

Correct, Kristy.  If you desire to run with the bulls you will very likely get gored.  You can’t goad a bunch of alpha dogs with attitudes and expect us to take up your fight without any questions.  Word to the wise, learn who your audience is before beginning the lecture.

I can take the blows.  I’m not crying about lost profits.  Perhaps I wasn’t aware that the members of this forum and its moderators would be so quick to flame a person who’s only effort was to create a website that might make people (that includes marines) aware about something that only recently came to my attention.  Maybe I’m not as informed as most of you here - Maybe I didn’t serve in the Military (maybe I couldn’t if I wanted to) - Maybe I don’t wish to be personally attacked by people that may or may not agree with my stance.  Maybe I would like to remain private because I do not wish to be pointed at directly by people angry with what I have to say.  This is NOT the only site/forums that I posted on. not the first time I’ve been flamed either.  It is the first time that a person with moderator privileges has thrown me under the bus.
I only wish that the Grandparents, Parents, Husbands, Wives, Daughters, Sons and other Relatives of Marines that want to show pride for their family members didn’t have to be paying into this “Program” that wants to add an extra burden on them and their loved ones that are serving or have served in the past.  I only want what is best for Marines that are actively serving and really have no idea that their choice of products - their freedom to wear something with the EGA on it, in whatever fashion or style they want - is currently being taken away from them.  I want the MARINES that fought, and bled, and suffered, and persevered through countless battles to be where they are today to be able to be free to show their support for the USA and the Corps by wearing whatever they want that has the EGA that they so valiantly EARNED.

Lastly, this is ONLY the beginning - perhaps next month I’ll be getting thrashed on an Army-based forum because we can no longer put the 101st Airborne Emblem on ANYTHING without the Army approving it.
What can you do?
You can ask the DoD why this “Program” is really a necessary action to take against a singled-out group of the worlds most patriotic citizens directly at http://www.defense.gov/landing/questions.aspx
You can write to the United States Marine Corps about your free use of the Eagle Globe and Anchor using the following contact information:
Trademark Licensing Office
3000 Marine Corps Pentagon
Washington DC, 20350-3000
703-614-7678 (phone); 703-697-5362 (fax)
trademark_licensing@usmc.mil
PS.  I wasn’t trying to be an @sshole - my initial post on here was only here to inform - I was attacked by the moderator.  I did search for the topic. found nothing.
Also, you don’t have to send me any checks - you can hold onto your money in case you want to buy something with the EAGLE, GLOBE & ANCHOR on it at an inflated price - with a watered down design.

I’ll add one more thing before the flames start coming again.  “Licensing guy” doesn’t want to keep it down because he hasn’t been censored.  He just doesn’t want to be dragged through the coals when the time comes - because he was proactive and trying to fight the already lost battle.
Really, it makes no difference to me about the fees - I don’t manufacture anything - I’m only a reseller.  It is the manufacturers that I buy from that will be paying the fees.  They will pass them onto to me - and like any other business - I will pass them onto my customers.  Sorry.

Total Posts: 18

Threw under the bus and attacked by a moderator.  LOL This gives me a chuckle.
Trust me I would have posted a lot more than a general locale of a major city, if I wanted to throw you under the bus.
To include the mulitple accounts used on Military.com and other military related forums to push the websites, as well as the fact you have never served.  Or the information gleaned from the several other forums you have been spamming.
The cause isn’t my attack.  My attack is to make others interested in joining your cause aware of who you are.  Because I for one do not trust an individual that is unwilling to stand in the fore front of the cause he is championing. 
Cause for all that is publicly known about you from your posts, bio, and websites is that your a Business Owner and a Taxpayer that has an interest in the Trademark and Licensing of of the DoD symbols.
Now if you like you can either share the information on yourself or I can.  I really don’t care, if your soon to be replaced heart can take it or not.  Because honestly I’m already having a shitty day, so I don’t mind crapping on someone else’s day a little bit as well.
Go right ahead and post the Facebook and Website Link.  It seems as Don’s office has given you permission to do so.
I’ll even sit back and wait for the pitches to come on the donations to support the fight and all.  I’ve warned my fellow Marines, I’ve done my job.

Very well.  This site is chock full of extremely well informed and incredibly intelligent folks.  We are also very high strung as you can see.  Our experience online is full of lurkers and, what we call trolls, who suddenly arrive and either try to stir up sh!t or are posing as former military or want something from us.  We are a cautious lot.  We trust each other with our lives but all others are suspect.  I applaud your interest in doing the right thing for our active military and veterans.  You really want to make a difference?  Get active, politically.  Vote the current, anti-constitution politicians out of office.  Lets boot this non American president from office.  Let’s deregulate and cut taxes.  This issue is a tiny little detail in a country where our federal government has exceeded it powers and lost it’s collective mind.  Fix that and things like this will stop.

No pitches for donations will come TheYeti1775.  I won’t even post the links.  I am not spamming - I am not profiting from this - actually I’ve spent more in time and website hosting fees than I should have.  Your right - I’m a nobody with a bad heart… but because you personally choose not to trust me - does that give you the right to judge me and attempt to expose me?  I guess so - it’s your forums and you are the moderator. 
Thanks to those who are willing to spread the word.  Sorry to those that I have offended.

You gave us the right to poke and prod by not identifying yourself.  If we had been in the field and you approached us with “I am a friend” and did not expound on that description you would have been blown away.  A word of advice, if you expect to win this battle or rally troops to your support it is going to take one hell of a lot more spine than you’ve shown.  You will not acheive anything without risking yourself.  An elementary lesson you should have already learned.

You’re right… maybe I should have waited for a Marine to take up the cause, because I am a spineless private citizen.  I don’t expect to win anything - we are not in the field -  and I don’t feel like I am rallying any troops here. 
Risk myself?  I already have. 
Thanks for the advice.

Total Posts: 18

[quote user=“OurMilitaryLogos”]
You’re right… maybe I should have waited for a Marine to take up the cause, because I am a spineless private citizen.  I don’t expect to win anything - we are not in the field -  and I don’t feel like I am rallying any troops here. 
Risk myself?  I already have. 
Thanks for the advice.

What risk?  You created a website, you than try to promote the website across several sites.  This is the definition of spamming.  Though you did miss a few, their mods are eagerly awaiting you, the Marine Corps is a small community.  And their not as nice as me. 
As soon as you took those steps to attempt to lead a fight against a policy, you lost the right to a lot of privacy.  Because most Marines are not stupid sheep that will follow anyone.
I don’t recall anyone calling you ‘spineless’ anything.  You approached us remember, it is with due diligence that we do our homework on you.  Especially since you wanted to play the man behind the curtain like the Great Oz.  Sorry much like Toto and Dorothy we want to know what is behind the curtain.
But as I said spam it all you want.  Going to just go ahead and lock this thread now.

Visitor Statistics
Post Marker Legend
The most visitors ever was 57, on November 20, 2012 02:18 AM
Total Registered Members: 696836
Total Topics: 6348
Total Replies: 10865
Total Posts: 17213
Total Logged-in Users: 0
Total Anonymous Users: 0
Total Guests: 2

Active Members: