If we don't have it, Chesty wouldn't want it.
Questions or Ordering? 888-NOV-1775
Mon-Fri 8am-5:30pm CST. Sat 10am-3pm CST.

1966 Camp Pendleton 2/2 company group pic

Total Posts: 2

Hello and Thanks for your service!  We found a 9x29” framed pic of just under 100 soldiers. 
2nd Battalion, 2nd Infantry, ___ Company.  Date 1966
A Boot Camp graduation? 
I’d like to give it to a person in this pic.  Not sure how to locate soldiers in this pic.  Are there online groups to recommend.

Total Posts: 102

Brother, I had already grad, and had one school under the belt, I was at Pendleton TDY, in 2nd HQ. if you send me the picture, maybe, I could help, I am not sure 45 yrs, is along time. But. willing.

.(JavaScript must be enabled to view this email address)

Semper Fi.

Total Posts: 33
L Burrows - Jan 14, 2013 06:56pm

Hello and Thanks for your service!  We found a 9x29” framed pic of just under 100 soldiers. 
A Boot Camp graduation? 
I’d like to give it to a person in this pic.  Not sure how to locate soldiers in this pic.  Are there online groups to recommend.

The photo is not a boot camp graduation.  It is a company picture of 2d Battalion, 2d Infantry Training Regiment, or ITR as we called it back then.  (And those are Marines, not soldiers.)  I am unaware of any online ITR groups, so Terry’s offer may be your best bet.  When I went throught ITR in 1965, the training lasted for only four weeks….

Total Posts: 2

Thank you both for your replies.  I stand corrected….Marines :) 
Since we found this pic in OKC and the framers sticker on the back is in this area, it seems the owner or family are here.  I’ll try to find local sources of help.  Thanks!
Lin

Brother, My offfer still stands, Yes, back then Boot camp, 3 stage, training,range, graduation, then ITR. then you were sent to what ever school, (if any) most guys were 0311 and sent over. I was sent to other schools, and was at C.P. 2nd HQ, in orders, (legal) for 1 1/2 months, until my next school…
I have a few fellow brothers I knew that are in the local P.D.s . and I retired a cop, and still licensed PI. so if you have a name. I live 10 miles from the base. No problems. in the picture, there should be a company/paltoon/unit number. send that, and the date…..
Only if you decide.

Semper Fi..
SSGT Baker, (Retired)

Frank Seals - Jan 23, 2013 09:36am
L Burrows - Jan 14, 2013 06:56pm

A Boot Camp graduation? 

The photo is not a boot camp graduation.  It is a company picture of 2d Battalion, 2d Infantry Training Regiment, or ITR as we called it back then.  (And those are Marines, not soldiers.)  I am unaware of any online ITR groups, so Terry’s offer may be your best bet.  When I went throught ITR in 1965, the training lasted for only four weeks….

Brother, Frank, ITR, what time in 65, I went thru ITR August 65.
Camp Pend.
Semper Fi.

Visitor Statistics
Post Marker Legend
The most visitors ever was 57, on November 20, 2012 02:18 AM
Total Registered Members: 696836
Total Topics: 6314
Total Replies: 10852
Total Posts: 17166
Total Logged-in Users: 0
Total Anonymous Users: 0
Total Guests: 2