If we don't have it, Chesty wouldn't want it.
Questions or Ordering? 888-NOV-1775
Mon-Fri 8am-5:30pm CST. Sat 10am-3pm CST.

Made in Vietnam!?!

Total Posts: 3

I recently bought a cap from Sgt. Grit from the website.  When I got the hat I put it up for a while.  When I finalyy decided to start wearing it, I noticed tha the tag on the inside said that it was made in Vietnam. 

I notified them of my displeasure of receiving a cap that was made in Vietnam.  Out of respect I told them that I would no longer purchase anything from them until they posted where the items in the on-line store were made. 

They offered me a refund or an exchange, which I appreciated, but declined.  I would just like to have the choice of deciding to buy or not buy a cap that was made in a foreign country, especially Vietnam, where many Marines lost their lives.

I took the cap to the range and gave it a proper burial after it faced my firing squad.  Of course I removed the EGA and the US Flag tab prior to the festivities.

Semper Fidelis - even to those that have gone before and paid the ultimate price.

Steve Stowers
Sgt USMCR ‘87-‘95
Desert Storm Vet

Total Posts: 392
Steven Stowers - Mar 03, 2013 08:33am

I recently bought a cap from Sgt. Grit from the website.  When I got the hat I put it up for a while.  When I finalyy decided to start wearing it, I noticed tha the tag on the inside said that it was made in Vietnam. 

I notified them of my displeasure of receiving a cap that was made in Vietnam.  Out of respect I told them that I would no longer purchase anything from them until they posted where the items in the on-line store were made. 

They offered me a refund or an exchange, which I appreciated, but declined.  I would just like to have the choice of deciding to buy or not buy a cap that was made in a foreign country, especially Vietnam, where many Marines lost their lives.

I took the cap to the range and gave it a proper burial after it faced my firing squad.  Of course I removed the EGA and the US Flag tab prior to the festivities.

Semper Fidelis - even to those that have gone before and paid the ultimate price.

Steve Stowers
Sgt USMCR ‘87-‘95
Desert Storm Vet

Understand your reaction.  I rationalized keeping the nice cover I got recently “made in VN” by noting they may be an ally in the coming fight with China.

Total Posts: 3

Regardless, they are a Communist Country where over 50,000 American lost their lives fighting for their freedom.  I could care less which side they are on.  China will never go to war with us because we owe them too much money.  North Korea will be a splat on our windshield.  If China or Russia decide to step in then we go to WWIII.  But I digress.  The fact remains that I was sold a cap that was made in Vietnam.  I was given the excuse that they have to stay competetive with their competition that buy caps from the same suppliers.  Well, I don’t buy from them.  They don’t represent themselves to be Marines for Marines.  That being said, where do you lower your standards and your loyalty to the Corps to make a dollar?  I would have paid the extra money to get one with a label that said MADE IN THE USA!  Or better yet, MADE BY A DISABLED VET!  I am very disappointed in Sgt. Grit over this.  Over the years, I have supported their business and recommended it for years.  I have spent well over a thousand dollars shopping on line with them.  All I’m asking for is the choice to buy American.  All they need to do is post on-line where the items are made.  They can buy all the hats from Vietnam, but don’t expect me to buy one.  Until they start posting where the items in their on-line store are made, I will not shop with them.

SEMPER FIDELIS = it’s more than just a motto.

Sgt. Steven Stowers
USMC ‘85-‘94
Desert Storm Vet

Total Posts: 392
Steven Stowers - Mar 25, 2013 08:48pm

Regardless, they are a Communist Country where over 50,000 American lost their lives fighting for their freedom.  I could care less which side they are on.  China will never go to war with us because we owe them too much money.  North Korea will be a splat on our windshield.  If China or Russia decide to step in then we go to WWIII.  But I digress.  The fact remains that I was sold a cap that was made in Vietnam.  I was given the excuse that they have to stay competetive with their competition that buy caps from the same suppliers.  Well, I don’t buy from them.  They don’t represent themselves to be Marines for Marines.  That being said, where do you lower your standards and your loyalty to the Corps to make a dollar?  I would have paid the extra money to get one with a label that said MADE IN THE USA!  Or better yet, MADE BY A DISABLED VET!  I am very disappointed in Sgt. Grit over this.  Over the years, I have supported their business and recommended it for years.  I have spent well over a thousand dollars shopping on line with them.  All I’m asking for is the choice to buy American.  All they need to do is post on-line where the items are made.  They can buy all the hats from Vietnam, but don’t expect me to buy one.  Until they start posting where the items in their on-line store are made, I will not shop with them.

SEMPER FIDELIS = it’s more than just a motto.

Sgt. Steven Stowers
USMC ‘85-‘94
Desert Storm Vet

As I said I understand.  But, in true capitalist way of doing business Grits goes with lowball price for a more advantageous mark up on this end. Also. Grits owner is RVN vet as well.

Jim Burke Cpl USMC 1967-1970; RVN 1969-1970

Total Posts: 262

Marines, ” Welcome Home”

RVN 68/69

Total Posts: 102

Brothers, I asked our father his thoughts, our Dad, He laughed. it is the American way,  think after WW11 no one liked Japans etc.

Semper Fi.

Total Posts: 1353

how many people have purchased products from England, former enemy, Mexico, former enemy   eleven Southern slave states, former enemy Spain, former enemy Germany, former enemy, Japan, former enemy If all the vets from these wars were asked they may have the reactions that Steven’s expresses. I have to admit I have similar feelings. I purchased a bed and did not realize it was made in VN until I took it apart after owning it for several years. When I found the made in VN tag I felt I had betrayed my brothers in arms. I am sure there are many.WWII vets may have the same feelings about the Japanese cars. Many none vets may not understand these feelings, but unfortunately the pains of these wars are not easily healed. Bless you Mr Stowers.

Brothers.excuse my typing, latley the boys have answer for me, But, I will tell you, that I buy only American made. that is it. I remember Nam, 2 tours, But, it is my Brothers who gave all, and their families that I remember, the hurt, the pain, But, as long as I live, I will be a American, Marine, Semper Fi.

Our country, does not remember, as a Marine does, or any one who has served…..

God Bless America, and our Troops, our Brothers and Sisters.

Semper Fi, Till the day I die…

Happy Easter.

HE HAS RISEN.

Total Posts: 14

I worked a a CAP Marine in Vietnam in 1970 and came home with bullet holes. Since then, I’ve been back to visit my village 4 times and even brought my wife and two daughters with in 2000. I don’t resent any of them like I thought I might. I had my haircut and a shave in the same chair I remember from the war by the same barber. Swear to God, he admits that yes, he was a VC fighting against us back then and you know what? We got along great! There were 12 people all together that remembered me and two of them still had pictures of me in their house in 1970. CAP teams lived in the village with the people and had nowhere to “Go back to” if the gunfight got really bad. We were the town posse and we got to know most of the villagers. I found outfrom the barber that former VC soldiers are paid $11 per month as a pension for years of fighting. The average income for the people in my village is $80 per month. If they can get a job making caps or anything else, I’ll buy one.
I met a young woman on one trip. She was a tour guide in Saigon and we kept in touch. She has been married to my son for four years now and I couldn’t be happier with a daughter-in-law. Her surname was Nguyen. Her father was an NVA Major and one of the first officers to enter Saigon in April 1975. I can remember killing two NVA soldiers during the war and never thought about it. Now, I see what is behind every enemy we tried to kill. The fucking wheel really does turn, Marine!

Brother, I am Happy for you, that you made the trip, and as your family goes, Sounds like you have a wonderful family, Nice, thing about our country, is, we can disagree to disagree. your rights are yours. Mine, are mine.I have wonderful daughter in laws and great grandchildren, and greatgrand child. could not think of not living without them, and they are not of American family background. that does not change my feeling about buying American made products, and it was not intented to insult you or yours,

If you took this that personal, then you Have (as you put it) F—king wheel problem. Sorry brother. that is life, that is what we all gave for, it is called Freedom.

Semper Fi.

Visitor Statistics
Post Marker Legend
The most visitors ever was 57, on November 20, 2012 02:18 AM
Total Registered Members: 696836
Total Topics: 6315
Total Replies: 10858
Total Posts: 17173
Total Logged-in Users: 0
Total Anonymous Users: 0
Total Guests: 2

Active Members: